BOSTON | Newspaper calls for war of words against Trump media attacks
New Post has been published on https://is.gd/Gj9W5L
BOSTON | Newspaper calls for war of words against Trump media attacks
BOSTONÂ â A Boston newspaper is calling for a coordinated editorial response to President Donald Trumpâs frequent attacks on the news media.
The Boston Globe has appealed to newspapers across the U.S. to publish editorials on Aug. 16 denouncing what it calls a âdirty war against the free press.â
The Globe says itâs appealing to editorial boards to take a stand regardless of their politics and whether they generally editorialize for or against the presidentâs policies.
Trump often characterizes the media as âfake newsâ and journalists as his true political opponents.
Marjorie Pritchard, who oversees the Globeâs editorial page, says dozens of newspapers have agreed so far to write their own editorials. She says they include both large metropolitan dailies along with many smaller publications.